Wow, it’s been awhile since I’ve posted here. I totally forgot I even had this blog. Several people have asked for some of the Paleo recipes that I make, so I’ll post them here with full credit to the original creator. If I post the wrong credit or don’t know who the original creator was, and if you know, please let me know. I appreciate finding such great recipes all across the web and want to make sure that credit is given correctly.
This one is from Civilized Caveman Cooking Creations at http://civilizedcavemancooking.com/grain-free-goodies/paleo-banana-bread/. I really love this banana bread because there is no extra sugar or sweetener. I’ve used it as bread for a breakfast sandwich with an egg & a couple of pieces of bacon in the middle. Yum!
Note: This recipe has dairy in it.
Paleo Banana Bread
Prep Time: 10 min; Cook Time: 60 min
- 4 bananas, yellow (they don’t have to be overly ripe, but you can if you want)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or any nut butter) – I make my own macadamia nut butter & use it
- 4 tablespoons grass-fed butter, melted (can substitute coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Combine your bananas, eggs, nut butter, and grass-fed butter in a blendtec, blender, or food processor, or mixing bowl & mix well (if using a mixing bowl you need a good hand-mixer)
- Once all of your ingredients are blended, add in your coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla & sea salt & mix well
- Grease a 9×5 glass or metal loaf pan (see notes) with a fat of your choice. If you use a metal pan it will probably bakin in 35-40 minutes so start checking at 30 to ensure the middle stays moist
- Pour in your batter and spread it evenly throughout
- Place in preheated oven and for glass, bake for 55-60 minutes; for metal see above or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
- Remove from oven & flip your bread onto a cooling rack
- Slice & serve
- Cranberry Orange – Only use 3 tablespoons of butter. Add zest of one whole orange diced, juice of one whole orange, and 1 cup dried cranberries or fresh if you want
- Chocolate Blueberry – Add 1 cup of fresh blueberries & 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- Pumpkin Pecan – Reduce the almond butter to 1/4 cup and add 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree and 1 cup of roughly chopped pecan pieces
Add 1/3 cup So Delicious mini chocolate chips and stir around
If you want to make these into muffins, use the same recipe and for mini muffins bake approximately 25 minutes and for normal size muffins 30-35 minutes.