Need a dessert in a hurry that no one will imagine is grain free and that everyone will ask for seconds? Then make this coffee cake. This recipe comes from cleaneatsinthezoo.com, I don’t know how this lady does it with 5 (count them FIVE) small children and a husband, but she comes up with this most amazing food that all of her kids and her husband likes. Now, go like her!
- 5 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup refrigerated, canned coconut milk (make sure it’s stirred up)
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
For the Swirl
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and grease a 9 x 13 pan with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut milk and 1 cup maple syrup. Add to dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Pour into greased pan (it will be thick and may need to be spread into the pan).
- In a small bowl, heat together the cinnamon, maple syrup and coconut oil until warm.
- Spoon over cake mixture and then take a butter knife and “swirl” the swirl mixture through the cake (going in a up-and-down motion).
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving (trust me on this, let it cool the whole 10 minutes, that swirl mixture is like volcanic lava when you first take this out of the oven)
Direct link: http://cleaneatsinthezoo.com/index/2012/08/11/grain-free-cinnamon-coffee-cake/