These are really good and super easy to make. We actually use chicken thighs instead of wings (more meat!) and bake them in the oven instead of on the grill. This recipe comes from Ruth’s Real Food (see direct link at the bottom of this post).
- 10 chicken wings (we use about 6 chicken thighs instead)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground curry
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cayenne pepper to taste (optional)
- Pour the olive oil into a large bowl.
- Add all the spices and mix to make a paste.
- Don’t make it too thick, though. It’ll have to coat all the wings (or thighs). Add olive oil if needed.
- Add the wings and mix.
- Spread the wings on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil for easy clean-up.
- Grill for about 15 minutes on one side until crispy, then turn and grill for another 10 minutes on the other side. (Her note is that she likes them really well done, almost burnt, so grill them to the crispiness you prefer.) We just bake them in a 350ºF oven until they are done. Yummy!
Direct link: http://www.ruthsrealfood.com/2011/07/middle-eastern-chicken-wings.html