This is a great Paleo grain-free pizza crust. It holds up to adding stuff on top so you can actually pick it up and eat it. You could also make this a bit thicker with no toppings as a Focaccia bread. This recipe is from The Unrefined Kitchen which I’ve just found thanks to a bundle of e-books I purchased. I can’t wait to peruse the site when I have more time.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup arrowroot powder (I substituted tapioca flour and it came out fine)
- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Grease a round pizza pan (no holes) or cookie sheet. (She used a 15″ round baking stone.)
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk to blend together.
- Add eggs and almond milk to the dry ingredients. Mix well. (The batter will be runny-not like typical pizza dough.)
- Use a spatula to spread batter onto greased pan.
- Bake crust in preheated oven 8-12 minutes.
- Remove crust from oven and top with sauce and desired toppings.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes.
Direct link: http://www.unrefinedkitchen.com/2012/04/14/pizza-crust-primalpaleo/