Ok, last one for today. I really need to get something else done; I mean, I have monsters to kill in WoW who have been lonesome today because I haven’t been in there! This recipe for pizza sauce is taken out of a bigger recipe for a whole pizza. It was published by George at Civilized Caveman Cooking, but the recipe comes from a new cookbook called “Gather” by Hayley Mason and Bill Staley who have written other cookbooks together. I have preordered “Gather” and can’t wait to get it and then invite all my friends over for a dinner made from their recipes.
- 14 ounces crushed, fire-roasted tomatoes
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 clove garlic, pressed (I just minced mine up)
- 2 tablespoons finely minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium saucepan, heat the fire-roasted tomatoes and tomato paste over medium heat.
- Add the pressed garlic, minced onion, oregano, basil, salt and pepper.
- Stir to combine and let the sauce simmer for at least 10 minutes. (It can simmer while you make the pizza crust.)
- Smooth a small portion of the sauce on the pizza crust, using more or less depending on your preference.
Direct link: http://civilizedcavemancooking.com/reviews/gather-review/