I found this recipe as I was scouring the internet looking for breakfast ideas that didn’t include scrambled eggs. I like scrambled eggs, I just get tired of them if I have them too many days in a row. After I read it, I thought it would never work but I’ve made it twice now and the muffin turns out good and fluffy and holds together well if you want to make your own breakfast sandwich.
- 1/4 cup almond flour/meal
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Mix together ingredients in bowl until smooth.
- Coat a separate bowl with non-stick cooking spray and then add the batter. Shape batter into a disk/English muffin shape. (I use small ramekins and use coconut oil to grease them.)
- Microwave for 90 seconds.
- Remove English muffin from bowl and allow to cool.
- Cut English muffin in half.
Original link: http://carrotsncake.com/2012/11/microwavable-english-muffin.html