I made these today and they are really good, taste like the Snickerdoodles that we used to make when I was a kid. Original recipe by Slim Palate (see link at bottom of post).
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (if using coconut oil)
- 3/4 teaspoon liquid stevia with 1/4 cup almond milk OR 1/2 cup honey (you may have to add more coconut flour if using honey, see notes section)
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine almond flour, coconut flour, salt & baking soda until well combined.
- In a small bowl add egg, vanilla extract, coconut oil or butter, and liquid stevia plus almond milk or honey and whisk together.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix until thoroughly incorporated and combined.
- Roll dough into equal sized balls about an inch in diameter and place them on the baking sheet for now.
- In a small ramekin or bowl place 2 tablespoons of cinnamon and roll each ball around in the cinnamon until completely coated and place back on the baking sheet evenly spaced apart with enough room for flattening them.
- Dip either the bottom of a mason jar or cup with a rounded bottom into cinnamon and flatten each cookie about to about 1/2 inch thickness.
- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the center of the cookies are no longer completely soft and have a slight resistance to the touch.
- Place on a wire rack and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes.
If you’re using honey, you may need to add more coconut flour to have the dough thick enough to roll into balls. Just make it normally and if you need to add more, simply add it by the tablespoon and incorporate it throughly until you can roll the dough into balls.
Direct link to original source: http://slimpalate.com/snickerdoodles-paleo-grain-free-gluten-free/