It’s been awhile & I apologize for not keeping up with this blog, but life has a way of getting in the way of “fun” stuff. So, to make up for it, I’m going to post some more recipes that I have found in the meantime. This recipe is from my favorite paleo blogger, Juli, over at PaleOMG.com; full link is at the bottom of the page. These burgers are really & I mean REALLY good, I usually don’t like cooked apples (it’s a texture thing), but I liked them in these burgers.
- 1-1.5 lbs ground pork
- 6-8 strips of bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 apple, cored & diced
- 1-2 tablespoons rosemary (depending on how much you like rosemary)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat up a medium sized skilled over medium heat
- Chop up your bacon and add it to the pan
- Let bacon cook for a bit until some of the fat seeps out and the ends of the bacon begin to turn up
- Then add your apple to begin to cook down.
- While the bacon and apple are cooking for the next 5-7 minutes, throw your ground pork in a bowl, add your rosemary and salt and pepper and use your hands to combine everything! If you don’t use your hands, it won’t taste right.
- Once your bacon and apples are done cooking, use a slotted spoon to add them to a paper towel on a plate to let cool. Keep the bacon fat in the pan unless you have a ton, in that case pour a little in your handy dandy bacon fat jar.
- Now time to make your patties!
- Take a small ball full of meat, I’d say smaller than a lacrosse ball, ball it up and then smash it down with your thumbs to make a patty. You want this a bit thinner than a normal burger though.
- Then make another one!
- Now, place a spoonful of your bacon & apple mixture on top of one of your patties, then plop another patty on top, then use your fingers to seal up the sides. Pinching technique works best.
- Repeat. I got 3 burgers out of 1 lb of ground pork
- Reheat your skillet with the leftover bacon in it
- Add your stuffed burgers to the pan. Cook for about 5 minutes per side (depending on thickness)
Link to original recipe: Paleo Apple and Bacon Rosemary Pork Burgers