If you like your parsnips a little spicier than the Garlic and Thyme recipe I posted earlier, then this recipe is for you. This recipe comes from the Paleo recipe sharing site FastPaleo. You can find just about any kind of Paleo food you want over there and upload your own recipes to share. These are great when you want to add a little spice to your life (or dinner) because you can make them as spicy or as mild as you want just by altering the amount of cayenne pepper you add.
- 3 large parsnips, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- Put the wedges in a bowl, pour over the coconut oil & stir until they are well coated.
- Sprinkle over the rest of the ingredients and give it a final stir (I find it’s easier just to throw everything into a resealable bag & massage the oil & spices into the parsnips)
- Transfer to a greased or lined baking tray (Parchment paper is your friend here)
- Bake at 400F for 25-30 minutes until they are soft & nicely golden (I like them a little burnt & crispy)
Direct link to recipe: Spicy Parsnip Wedges