Posted on October 19, 2013 by snorkelbuddy
These are great to have around as a pick-me-up snack, just don’t leave them out of the refrigerator for long or they tend to melt. This recipe comes from a couple that are utterly crazy because they have 5, count them FIVE small children, and still have time to post recipes for the rest of us. Be sure and check out Clean Eats in the Zoo and marvel at these wonderful people. Full link to the recipe at the bottom of the page.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond butter
- 1/3 cup coconut cream concentrate, melted
- 3/4 to 1 cup raisins (I substituted dried cranberries)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor until smooth, then scoop onto parchment paper & refrigerate for 30 minutes. Pop one in your mouth for a great protein snack! Store in fridge for best results.
Link to recipe: Protein-Packed Power Balls
Filed under: Dairy Free, Food, Paleo, Snacks | Tagged: Almond Butter, dairy free, no bake, Paleo, Snack | 2 Comments »
Posted on April 18, 2013 by snorkelbuddy
This is one of my favorite recipes to make & especially to eat. Everyone that has tried it has loved it. This is a non-dairy recipe.
This recipe comes from Juli at http://paleomg.com. If you haven’t seen her blog, go read it! She has great Paleo recipes along with great stories (most NSFW).
Prep Time: 20 min
Ingredients for the crust:
- 12 medjool dates, pits removed
- 1 cup cashews (I usually use macadamia nuts since they are less expensive to get here in Hawaii than cashews)
- 2 tablespoons almond butter (again, I usually use homemade macadamia nut butter)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
Ingredients for the topping:
- 6-8 oz blackberries
- 6-8 oz blueberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut cream concentrate
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- First, make the crust. Add all ingredients for the crust to a food processor.
- Put crust ingredients in a bread pan, press down until evenly distributed (or you can use a larger pan, just know your crust will be thinner)
- Heat a small saucepan on medium heat. Add your blackberries and blueberries along with the maple syrup
- Or you can wait to add the syrup after the berries begin to break down & explode (I’ve done it both ways & it turns out fine either way). Be sure to continuously stir so the mixture doesn’t stick to the bottom and burn
- Once you have almost a runny jam, add your melted/softened coconut cream concentrate along with cinnamon and salt
- When all ingredients are incorporated, pour mixture on top of crust and press flat. Put in the fridge to harden for 30-45 minutes.
- Cut into squares & serve
Juli’s note at the bottom is that she could have eaten the whole batch so she doesn’t know how many people it is supposed to serve. 🙂
I have made these with just blueberries only when our local Costco doesn’t have blackberries and it’s still good but it’s best with both berries combined.
Direct link: http://paleomg.com/bake-sticky-berry-bars/
Filed under: Dairy Free, Food, Paleo, Treat | Tagged: blackberries, blueberries, dairy free, Food, no bake, Paleo, treat | Leave a comment »