We go camping with friends several times a year and are always looking for something easy to cook over a campfire or on a camp stove. These veggies are quick, easy and delicious, although the pesto seasoning is not 100% Paleo, I figure that you only get a small amount on each vegetable. This recipe does have a small amount of dairy because there is parmesan cheese in the pesto seasoning.
- 1 envelope Knorr Pesto Seasoning mix
- 2-3 Zucchini and/or yellow squash, sliced fairly thin or you can use onion, bell pepper or any other vegetable you want
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Mix the pesto seasoning mix with the olive oil and pour into a recloseable plastic bag.
- Add the vegetables to the plastic bag.
- Roll the vegetables around in the seasoning mix so they get coated.
- If you grill them, a vegetable basket or skillet is the easiest way; OR you can put them on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake them in the oven at 350ºF. I usually bake them about 10-15 minutes, then turn them over and bake for 10-15 minutes more. Baking time will depend on how thick you slice your veggies and how crispy you want them.
- Serve immediately.
Note: Even though it looks like a lot when you first start out, they do shrink so make more than you think you need.
You can also leave off the pesto seasoning and just use spices (like a little cumin or paprika or garlic powder) on your veggies. Play around with different spices and veggies.